In honour of this gloriously rainy afternoon, it only seems fitting to make a storm appropriate soundtrack. Sit back and listen to the rain on your roof accompanied with the mellow beats of this top ten!
1. Riders on the Storm – The Doors: For as long as I can remember, while I sat in the back seat of the car during a rainstorm, the sultry sounds of The Doors graced the radio with Rider’s on the Storm.
2. Fool in the Rain – Led Zeppelin: This funky tune really illustrates how walking in the rain can be a cathartic process.
3. November Rain – Guns N’ Roses: Listening to this song in the rain can bring you back to the time when Axl Rose didn’t suck. It will bring you back to the 90’s when things were awesome!
4. Dreams – Fleetwood Mac: With the classic line “thunder only happens when it’s raining” you can’t help but watch the lightning and time the thunder cozy on the couch.
5. Thunderstruck – AC/DC: Sure it isn’t really about rain but let’s face it, AC/DC literally leaves us thunderstruck with their hard Earth-shattering riffs. Listen to this and maybe the thunder will sheepishly hide within the clouds!
6. Here Comes the Rain Again – The Eurythmics: Annie Lennox makes you want to run out of the house and dance in the rain and recount numerous memories as each raindrop soaks you to the bone!
7. No Rain – Blind Melon: Ya know…sometimes all you can do on a rainy day is “watch puddles gather rain.” And of course tap dance in a bee outfit.
8. Let it Rain – Eric Clapton: With every hardship and heartbreak, there is a new beginning of love. Let it rain love down on us all!
9. I Wish it Would Rain Down – Phil Collins: This is a song that is guaranteed to make you cry as you watch the rain pour from your windowsill. The song is a purging of lost love that doesn’t show the side of redemption. Sometimes stewing in sorrow is the only way to get past the pain. We thank Phil for this song of longing…it helps move past the clouds even though they linger some days.
10. Purple Rain – Prince: Sometimes rain is of the purple variety. Most good things end whether it is love or a friendship but you gotta get over it because I’m pretty sure standing in purple rain for a prolonged period would stain your clothes. So “reach out for something new!”